Saturday, August 23, 2014

Things you can't replace..


While unpacking the rest of the boxes today, I was super excited to get into the box with these two pieces of pottery.  They were with me in Morocco (where I got them), Oregon, Texas, and Indiana.  I really really love these two pieces... a lot.  You can imagine how my heart sank when I pulled out the blue one...  The pottery is so thick and they were packed so well, but alas, it's broken into more pieces than I can fix.  Things are really not very important to me.  We just sold almost everything we owned, shipped and sent the rest across the world, and then replaced most of it at IKEA in two trips.  However, there are those things that become so important because they remind you of a place and time that is so meaningful.  Things that with just a glance can take you back to the very place you bought them, the smells you smelled, and the very vendor that sold them to you for, "a very good price..."  I'm thankful that it is the only thing that broke.  I'm thankful that the shipment made it.  I'm sad that this piece is off any future packing lists.. 

On our way back from the store today, one of my bottles of cleaner leaked all over the back of our SUV...  As A carried the bag inside, it brushed up against my (at the moment) favorite floor-length black dress...  It now has some awful reddish stains all over one side.  I can't replace it, but at least it wasn't the other piece of pottery.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment