Wednesday, August 13, 2014

1... ONE... UNO.. UN!!!

WHAT???  We are down to ONE!!  Finally!  And yet, strangely, it feels like any other night...  The day was tense though, my nerves are shot.  Totally gone.  I guess I'm going to have to muster up some more nerves and patience for the long flight ahead though. 

I had three things left on my "to do" list (along with finishing packing/organizing).
1.  Wash car seats - yes..  you read that correctly.  I NEEDED to wash car seats before moving.  And can I just say that those things are complex to take apart??  Geesh. 
2.  Clean out the van.  The van is staying here in MI at my dad's house while we're away and we wanted to get everything out of it.  It will be really nice to come back next summer and have the van here for our travels.
3.  I had a pile of clothing that needed to be altered.  It really doesn't take long, but it does take time and that is something that has been scarce.  After the kids went to sleep tonight, I pulled out my sister's sewing machine and knocked it all out in 2.5 hours! 

Somewhere in the middle of the crazy today, we took the kids swimming, watched a movie with them, reorganized a few tubs for weight reasons, lined up cars with M, colored with P and niece R, and read with niece M.  A and P wrote a story too! 

That about sums up our day.  I'm hoping to blog from the airport tomorrow, but no promises.  I've really enjoyed blogging as we make this major transition.  It's helped me to gather my thoughts and remember what this whole process has been like.  I can only imagine that it will continue to be a useful tool once we land in our new home..  I've also really appreciated all the comments, support, and love from everyone who reads, so thanks!  If you have questions, let me know and I'll do my best to blog them :)
The heap of clothing to be altered. 

A and P's story.

A cleaning the van and me working on seats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment