Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sites downtown...


We took a little trip downtown today to the City Center Mall.  It's 5 stories high with an ice rink on the bottom level.  We ate lunch (M ate BK, P had Pizza Hut, A and I ventured out a bit.  Mine was good Asian food, A had some not so great Middle Eastern BBQ..), bought a bike pump, and went grocery shopping at Carrefour (bought A's hair clippers and a new GPS).  I took a bunch of pictures on the way there and back and a few in the mall.  I'm not going to caption them all, because I have no idea what is in each one.  Some things I noticed while looking around; most buildings are a sand color (or metal..), there's construction everywhere (literally... a crane on the top of almost every building - how do they get them down??), and I'm glad we decided to live at EC vs downtown. 
It's nice, but not very kid friendly...







Loved this one because of the color!

Some really cool architecture.




It's nice to see green spaces, though I have NO idea how they keep it green. 










Those little tent looking things are covered parking.  You don't want your car baking in direct 115 degree sun.



I found two stores that sell TONS of cake decorating stuff!!  I was in cake heaven!!



I got a muffin and mini-muffin pan and the kids got to choose the papers (big stuff for them).
Um.. yes, I'll be back.

Ice rink at the bottom and the different levels.
Two cuties at the mall.



Doha.. under construction.



Taxis are blue..


The street to our compound.  That bridge is where we walk to go to the pool etc..
Just inside the compound, park straight ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment