Tuesday, August 12, 2014

2...


Today was our last day of farewells (before the airport ones).  It's a good thing we're finished with those because P and M are not doing the farewell thing anymore.  I'd say, "tell _________ see you next summer.." and they just turn into my legs.  No more hug giving, no more bye-byes, not even a fist bump..  Thankfully, everyone has been totally understanding.

This morning, we grabbed some awesome donuts and fruit and headed to my Grandma and Grandpa's house for a visit.  We had a great time chatting and answering the loads of questions that often come to mind when someone is making a major life change.  I feel so fortunate that I have all four of my grandparents still and that my children are getting chances to get to know them too. 

After our visit, we made a quick stop for a couple more ties for A and then were off to meet a friend of mine for lunch.  We've been friends since I was in college and I always always enjoy catching up with her, no matter how often or brief.  She is just a lovely person... 

We stopped on the way home for a few last minute purchases (stickers for the plane, a travel DVD case, glue for a damaged air mattress, and a couple of movies that P wanted to use her birthday cash on) and then spent the rest of the afternoon vegging in front of a movie and working on a fabulous puzzle that Grandma sent home with us.  750 pieces... nothin'

I also got an e-mail from a co-worker of A's (well he will be soon) offering to cart new people around next week for groceries and IKEA. I got a little thrill knowing we'd be there and recovering at this time next week!
Me, P, and M with Gram and Gramp


Lunch with K!

Many hands make light work.

They were the ones to finish it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment