Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Half an hour..

We've cleaned, purged, sold, donated, packed, repacked, weighed, inventoried, labeled, taped, and zip tied...  How is it possible our shipment is ready to go in only a half hour?  Most of our farewells are said, our house is empty, and we are currently living in MI with K's dad and sister (and nieces) until our flight in less than 10 days.  So many months of preparations, so many excited days of planning, and sleepless night of wondering "what if____?".. 

Time always passes..  This is a lesson my husband has taught me over the past 9 years that we've known each other.  When things are hard, take heart - time always passes..  When times are great, enjoy every breath - time always passes..  I've been trying not to wish time away in these months of planning, but I've caught myself doing it anyway.  Transition isn't a state that we can live in for long.  It's too much on the mind and body.  I feel like our transition was far too long, but in reality I'm not sure we could have completed everything in less time.  I've learned a lot about the kind of life I want to live, the kind of life I want to raise my children in, and the kind of life I don't want (more on that later.. just know it involves A LOT less stuff). 

So, the truck is about to arrive and I'm hoping the rain stops to make it easy to load it up.  But sometimes even in the rain, life must go on.  I'm sure there's a lesson there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment