Friday, February 28, 2014

Be who you are.

On our way to apply for passports, I was coaching the kids a bit.  They are young, and VERY imaginative (especially when they are together).  P will insist that she is Princess ____________.  She must be called by that name, will dress as she dresses, talk (or not if she's Ariel) like the princess, make her brother be the corresponding prince, and usually insist that I am some animal or villain. We were at a play place the other day and I found myself saying, "Ariel and Eric, five minutes."  I realized after I said it, that other parents had that familiar look, 'did she really name her children Ariel and Eric???'  I decided to end the suspense and tell them that they decide on new characters frequently, it was just fortunate that I figured out who they were so we could leave. 

Back to the passports.  I coached them and told them that they needed to be P and M, did an age check (both knew their ages), rehearsed mommy and daddy's names, and worked on birthdays.  We arrived (at the large post office) and waited for the passport lady.  She had to run in the back for a document and while she was gone, I lined up all of our necessary (and some unnecessary) papers and documents on her counter. "Well.. someone is organized.  I'll have you secure this stack of documents as you don't need them."  Well, I brought too much, better than too little.  And then came time for the questions.  Luckily, she asked who the people in the photos were (me and A), "mommy and daddy!"  Then asked who the little girl was in the photo, "me!"  Last one, how old is P?  "I am 4!"  The same smooth questions for M and we were done!  There was a fun stool, a height chart, and some clipboards.. fun, fun, fun for these two.

Passports should come in 4-6 weeks.  I love when things work out easily and you get to check an important "to do" off the long long list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment