Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hoarding stickers

The reality of our upcoming move is becoming more and more clear to me.  I'm the point person on most things dealing with our move as I'm home during the day.   A is more than willing to help, but it just isn't possible on a lot of things because of business hours.  It isn't stressing me out [yet] because we are still several months out. I do find myself doing some odd things though.  Things like waking up at all hours of the night to add items to my mental lists of things that need to go in our checked bags vs things that need to go in our air freight vs things that just won't make the cut.  Do I need one stick of deodorant per month?  It's a hot climate.. I want deodorant that won't give me a rash (the last time I lived overseas, I found it hard to find deodorant that didn't react).

I've been analyzing toys; do they use it 1) often 2) rarely 3) never?  How far will we get educationally next year?  Believe me, it isn't that I don't think I can get things when we get there, it's just that making a huge transition like this is made easier by bringing certain things along.  This is especially true with children. They need familiar, I need them to have familiar. 

Hence the title.  P and M are loving stickers.  They love cutting paper, putting fancy tape on it and loading it full of stickers.  This has put me on a sticker quest nearly every time I go into a store.  M loves all things with wheels and balls.  Diggers, basketballs, cars, bikes.. he loves them all.  I found a GIANT sticker book with all things wheels and balls!  P is a pink princess.  Princess stickers are easy.  I've stocked up on Valentine's stickers, Easter stickers, transportation stickers, ball stickers, princess stickers, and other random ones.  I don't know the draw, but buying stickers brings a smile to my face.  So, we have loads and loads of them and there's no indication that I'll stop with the stickers any time soon. 

We've got about 900lbs allotted for shipping.. I figure stickers and deodorant can't weight that much, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment