Sunday, February 2, 2014

Getting there from here.

The minute I heard "contract," my mind went into super planning/list making/crazy dreams mode.  There are a few things to take care of before the wheels go up and we fly.  That is part of what my intention for this blog is.  I can catalog all the things that need to be done before we leave.  Maybe it will help my obsessive planning self or maybe someone else who is just a step behind us.






Today is Sunday, which in Qatar will be our Monday.  The Muslim holy day is Friday, so the week runs Sunday through Thursday.  hmmm..  I need to find a calendar based on that schedule for P and M.  I guess I should add that to my list of "kid things to bring."  Yes, there's even a list for that. 

I get caught up in the magnitude of "the list(s)" instead of the fact that I have around six months to check everything off.  I'm working on  making weekly lists off of the BIG list to make it more manageable.  Here's this week's list (I should note that A flies out to TX for a conference on Tuesday and doesn't come back until Sunday...):

1. Call the car company and discuss buy back terms for our two vehicles.
2. Call the newly recommended realtor and discuss a possible switch as our current realtor doesn't seem to be very active in selling our two homes.
3. Call the doctor to schedule vaccines for all of us.  This one is going to be stressful as we've delayed P and M's vaccines until now.  No, we won't be playing "catch up" as many of the vaccines that babies get are no longer needed after age 2, but there are a few things that we feel warrant a vaccine before leaving the States. 
4. Start the passport process for the kids.  We have their birth certificates in hand and our passports, but have heard the process is a bit lengthy.  We're Following the list on this website for the passports.
5.  Schedule my mammogram and BRCA testing.  This is one I've been nervous about, but better safe than sorry.  Here's some information on the testing if you are interested.
6.  Begin the search for temporary housing in the event that both of our homes sell and we're for all intents and purposes homeless...

Well.. that's a bit more overwhelming than I thought, but what's a week without a goal?  Here's to getting it all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment