Tuesday, July 22, 2014

It's hot.

We (K and the kids) went to the zoo this morning with my good friend and her little girl.  I wanted to take the kids one more time before we leave and today was it.  We went on a boat ride, splashed in the fountain, brushed some goats, enjoyed friends... times are good at the zoo. 

It hasn't been a very warm summer by any standards and after the winter we had, I'm kind of glad for mildness.  Today, however, it is like 95.  We left the zoo at about 11:30 to go to lunch. We got out into the parking lot, I opened the van and cranked up the AC so it would cool before putting the kids in their seats. 

P:  Ugh... it's SO HOT mom!
Me:  Well, it's pretty warm, but not that bad.
P:  It's BAD.. REALLY HOT!
Me: ok, well I've got the AC on high so it should cool quickly.
P: MOM!  It's too hot in here!
Me: (getting annoyed)  I realize it is hot, but it's not terrible.  You may have to learn to deal with a little heat, you know in Qatar it's going to be REALLY hot...
P:  I'm NEVER going outside.. EVER.


Well, that will be fun. 

Doha's temps for the week - 111

**Just as I was finishing this little post, I realized that I turned on the hose to fill the little pool...  And watered the lawn extensively because I forgot to turn it off.  Fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment