Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The market...


One of the things I reminisce about Morocco is the open air markets.  I really enjoyed shopping for vegetables from one vendor, fruits from another, fresh flowers at another stall...  "Our" vendors knew us and there was a certain comfort in that.  There was room for bartering, I love bartering..  so when I found out there was a fruits and veggie market here in Doha I was super pumped.  We decided to take a look last Saturday morning.  The kids made lists, we got our "hot weather gear" ready (hats, water bottles, ice packs and towels for car seats, sun screen, light clothing..), and we were off.
P and M with their lists.
Love the site of fresh fruits.. 


It was hot.. too hot to be out really, but luckily there was shade over the whole market, which does help.  We found what we wanted and the selection was good.  After a few minutes though, the heat was too much for the kids and we had to go, but I look forward to going back as it is much cheaper than the grocery stores.  They did like getting to tell the vendors what they wanted and the vendors loved talking to them.  I think I'll just go without the kids until it cools off and then they'll be ready to explore again. 

Cooling off in the car with ice packs and water.


No comments:

Post a Comment